One of the most amazing thing in human life is watching nature at its peak. Right now we are on the same track. One side we are trapped inside our home due to lockdown and on the other side, the entire nature is rejuvenating. Look at the sky it was so clear which is never before.
In between all these things we are blessed with the most amazing natural phenomena and that is meteor showers. where you might just need a cosy sleeping bag and a friend to talk lying down in your back yard will put you in the perfect spot to enjoy this natural miracle.
What is Meteor?
In simple word,meteoris just a piece of rock from the space which sometimes falls towards the earth and due to the tremendous speed and resistance of the air and atmosphere it started burning and we called it shooting star.
What is Asteroid?
On the other hand, Asteroid is small(not that much), rocky objects that orbit the sun mostly orbit between Mars and Jupiter. They are categorized into three types C- (chondrite), S-(stony) and M-types and metallic mostly made up of nickel and iron.
What is Meteor Shower?
A meteor shower is anatural phenomenon or we called it a celestial event when the number ofmeteorsis generally observed from one point in thenight sky. This event is happening because of cosmic debris which is also called meteoroids, attracted towards the earth gravity with tremendous speed and due to atmospheric resistance and friction they start glittering and called it shooting stars but this is happening in bulk this time. Most of the meteor are small in size starting from the grain of sand to the size of the potato.
What is different between asteroid and comet?
Actually, if we think about the size then both are identical but the biggest difference between then is the composition of the material they are made of. In general, term as we discussed above, the asteroids are made up of rocky and metallic material where on the other hand comets are made up of ice, dust and rocky material. and the biggest difference is asteroid is form closest to the sun where comet forms far from the sun.
Which is the best time to see this miracle?
If we talk about theyear 2020then it will happen at the date given below.
- January 4, 2020 Quadrantids (after midnight and before dawn)
- April 22, 2020 Lyrids (Just before the dawn)
- May 5, 2020, Eta Aquariids ( At 4 AM or before the dawn)
- Late July 2020 Delta Aquariids ( Before the Dawn)
- August 12, 2020, Perseids ( form 1 AM to 5 AM)
- October 7, 2020 Draconids ( Early Evening to Late Night)
- October 21, 2020, Orionids ( Before the Dawn)
- November 4-5, 2020 South Taurids (After Midnight)
- November 11-12, 2020 North Taurids (Before the Dawn)
- November 17, 2020 Leonids (From late night to Before Dawn)
- December 13-14, 2020 Geminids (From midnight to before Dawn)
- December 22, 2020 Ursids (from late night to before Dawn)