Off course the IOT is the buzzing word of the time and almost every company and startups are trying to harness the benefits from it and most of the enthusiast want to know the essence of this technology. BUT is that technology that much difficult to understand......
Actually, the technology is not that much hard to understand but it is not defined and that's why it has so many definitions person to person and company to company....
Now see some popular definitions......
According to the Wikipedia...
The Internet of things (IoT) is the inter-networking of physical devices, vehicles (also referred to as "connected devices" and "smart devices"), buildings, and other items embedded with electronics, software, sensors, actuators, and network connectivity which enable these objects to collect and exchange data.
According to the webopedia...
The Internet of Things (IoT) refers to the ever-growing network of physical objects that feature an IP address for internet connectivity, and the communication that occurs between these objects and other Internet-enabled devices and systems.
What about the standard definition of the internet of things, so that we can apply it to every where....To do so we need to break this definition into multiple terms.
IOT is the abbreviation of Internet Of Things, here internet refers to the inter-connectivity of the different things and things mean any physical object that is relevant from person or application.but when number of things are going to connect with each other we require some unique method or number to connect all the things so that we can identify them separately. You can also say that its an ecosystem of all the connected physical things/object which can be accessed or manipulated by the internet.The basic difference between embedded devices and IOT devices is, its way of communication, here every thing is equipped with one IP address with the ability to receive and send data using the internet automatically without human assistance.
The characteristics of IOT devices:-
1. The IOT devices should be low power consumption, have to work on battery for a year.
2. The IOT devices should be low in cost.
3. IOT devices have space limitation for the programming and storage point of view.
4. These devices must consist of basic wireless communication technology e.g IEEE 802.15.4 at least.
What to consider while making IOT stuff:-
While working on the IOT devices we need to consider some basic points and have to ask some questions...
1. What will be the operating voltage and current level of my devices?
2. What should be the duty cycle of the devices?
3. What about the expected life of the devices
4. what will be the working environment of the devices.
5. You have to consider about the dimension of the device which significantly impacts your devices, like its height, weight and its shape
6. whether the device will sustain in high pressure, temperature and vibration.
7. What has to be done if a device fails? Will it give the facility to replace the faulty module?
8. And the most important is its COST.
These are some basic definition and characteristics of the IOT device which make it a complete solution for the real life problem and of course make it IOT.
Be connected with cloudyrathor and be the cloudyrathor…...Remember we can and we will make difference and Simplicity is the beauty…...
You May like this click here